Friday, August 9, 2013

Week 4......Whew almost there

This has been an interesting week.  I got a little taste of what it is going to be like going back to work and having assignments waiting on me when I get home.  I'm going to have to get out of the habit of staying up until 1 or 2 in the morning and doing my work.  I keep telling myself a little each night is going to be the key to my success. 

As I looked over my ARP after reading the suggestions made to me, I made a few changes.  The major revision was adding an activity of going into the classrooms during ELA time and making unscheduled observations.  Although not going to be 100% full proof, this will be a way for me to monitor the fidelity and accuracy of the instructional practices being implemented.  I also went back and changed my acronyms to spell out what they mean.  My last revision did not come from a suggestion but rather the working that this peer used.  When she commented on my blog she used the word instructional practices as opposed to strategies or interventions.  I decided to change my wording to instructional practices because sometimes these activities will be taking place during station time and not always with the teacher in a guided reading group. 

My meeting with my site supervisor went well.  She has been very supportive of my ARP and is excited about seeing some improvement in our 1st grade end of year scores.  I wanted to thank everyone for your encouraging comments and great suggestions.  It really helps a lot to have your peers help you through the process. 
WEEK 5....HERE WE COME :)

2 comments:

  1. Kelly,

    As an English teacher I am also interested in following your plan. Your ARP is clear and concise and well thought out. I do like your additions but I also think that nothing is completely full proof. Good luck with your plan I am sure it will go great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you're willing to make changes. It's important that we all remember that our ARP's are working documents that will surely need tweaks and changes along the way. It looks like you're on your way!

    ReplyDelete